Bamboo Material and Slumberfy's Products
Benefits of Bamboo Material and Our Products
Bedding and other products made out of bamboo fabric is a relatively new and rapidly growing trend in today’s marketplace. The shift from more traditional fabrics to bamboo fabric has a lot to do with the final product being both luxurious as well as eco-friendly. Historically, bamboo has been used extensively in Asia for the production of textiles and has quickly been gaining in popularity in the US due to contemporary manufacturing methods. Bamboo is first harvested, then processed into bamboo fiber, spun into bamboo yarn and then woven into fabric.
Bamboo is eco-friendly
Bamboo is a much more sustainable environment friendly, renewable resource for the planet. Unlike other fabrics like cotton, bamboo doesn’t require much artificial care. It can grow naturally and is highly resistant to bugs and other insects, which means there is no need for chemical processing or for the grower to use harmful chemicals or pesticides. Since bamboo is 100% natural, it returns back to nature through decomposition relatively easily, unlike plastic, rubber or other man-made materials. Here are some of the great benefits of bamboo.
- Easy to grow
- Has antibacterial properties
- Absorbs carbon dioxide
- Produces about 35% more oxygen than other plants
- Sturdy and sustainable plant
Not only is bamboo an eco-friendly material to source, but there are several other great benefits to choosing bamboo, such as:
- Bamboo fabric is extremely soft and comfortable similar to silk, due to the round and smooth structure of the material
- Bamboo is anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic which means that it does not trigger any allergic reactions for people with sensitive skin or allergy issues. The beneficial quality of the bamboo plant remains in the textile, which kills all bacteria and keeps the material odor free
- Bamboo offers excellent ventilation. The cross-section of the fiber is covered with micro-gaps and can keep the wearer almost two degrees cooler in the heat and warmer in the cold
- Bamboo has a structure that repels moisture and absorbs up to 70% more moisture that cotton without retaining any odors
- Bamboo fibers have properties which make the material almost impossible to wrinkle
- Bamboo protects against UV radiation
Slumberfy offers several bamboo products, such as our premium bamboo mattress protector which uses a unique breathable jacquard weave, our premium bamboo mattress encasement designed to block bed bugs and allergens, and our premium bamboo pillow protector covers which provide protection against liquids, dust mites, mold and mildew. We are proud to provide our customers with superior products made of bamboo, for the health and comfort your family deserves.